Playoff scenarios: Eagles can clinch Thursday

Playoff scenarios: Eagles can clinch Thursday

linlybest
ROMEO, as in Retired Old Men Eating Out.

are usually six of us who meet on Tuesday mornings for breakfast at a restaurant ravens store in Orange, said Herschel Musick, a retired high school baseball coach and, at 78, the oldest in the group.

Musick was the longtime coach at Santa Ana Valley High and Brierly the coach at Rancho Alamitos High. Leon Smith succeeded Musick at Valley. Funston Smith, a retired telephone company employee, and Viar, a retired fireman, played for Musick at Valley. Bergman still works as a printer, so he must raiders cheap jerseys be an honorary ROMEO.

There have been a few more ROMEOs in the group over the years, but some have passed on. Their weekly pick em contest is very similar to Grinnin all take the NFL schedule out of The Register, circle the winners and put all of the schedules in a sealed envelope until the games are over, said Musick, who coached at Santa Ana Valley when Garry Templeton was a high school star.

in our group has beaten you and your guests for the past several years, Brierly said. we are positive our past champion and our leader will whip your behind now. For what it worth, this week guest picks are a consensus of the group

we stand by our earlier offer that if you beat us, we will buy you a breakfast, Brierly said. if we cheap saints jerseys win, we will still treat you to a breakfast. kind of wager.

Ready or not, it time to commence pickin and grinnin Click on PHOTOS for my picks and comments, noting the three games on which the ROMEOs and I disagree.

Compete against us in the OC Register Weekly Fantasy Football League, simply by clicking on this link:Join the ConversationWe invite you to use our commenting platform to engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community. Although we do not pre screen comments, we cardinals apparel reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us, and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request. We might permanently block any user who abuses these conditions.